Youtube is becoming increasingly used as a social media platform rather than a traditional broadcasting site. Visual, metric and content analysis has exposed the importance of using Youtube and its features to its full potential, utilising the tools provided to boost views and subscribers. We will outline ways for MTV Nederland to improve their channel by increasing engagement.
To conduct a competitive analysis on YouTube and draft a YouTube strategy for MTV Nederland using data collected through various methodology.
- MTV Nederland currently has no connections with other channels.
- The channel has not yet utilised the community feature.
- The Netherlands is a multicultural country with the highest English proficiency, however the channel offers mainly Dutch content with no English subtitles.
- Spikes in views and subscriptions for MTV NL have been due to frequency in videos posted, event’s specials and controversial content specially Ex on the Beach.
- One of the top searched keyword in relation to MTV is ‘Gemist’.
Strategy: Content Plan
Through our research and data collected, we propose the following:
- Interviews with artists.
- Events content.
- Controversial content.
- Utilise the community tab (conversational marketing).
Strategy: Tagging Advice
MTV Gemist - tagging ‘gemist’, key words for ‘catching up’ on episodes. More information and the data used to make the above tagging advice can be found here.
Strategy: Playlist Advice
Native Content - Exclusive content for YouTube. More information and the data used to make the above tagging advice can be found here.